Projection mapped mandala made using Glowforge

Here’s a project I made using the Glowforge to create a 3D mandala to video map. https://youtu.be/CuDfwmTNGvs

34 Likes

Is cut on foam board?

1 Like

Very nice. I have a lightform, haven’t gotten around to using it yet, you beat me to the punch :slight_smile:

1 Like

You don’t need a lightform for this - if you design your glowforge design digitally, you already literally have a projection map - you just need to connect your computer to a projector and project the image. I am using after effects to make the effects, and will be publishing a full 2 part tutorial series about how to make it interactive. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yeah this is just a $10 sheet of foam core. It kinda looks like ivory tho, hey?

11 Likes

That’s very cool! I can definitely see how that could come in handy for a theatre tech!

2 Likes

Really cool use of After Effects!

2 Likes

Gorgeous results!

3 Likes

That is the coolest thing I’ve seen on here in a long time. Your photography is pretty amazing as well.

3 Likes

It’s really easy! I’m making a tutorial for my company that shows how to do this. I’ll post it here when it’s done.

7 Likes

Thank you! I always feel so intimidated when I post stuff in creative community forums. Everyone here is so talented!

1 Like

Even without the lighting effects, that Mandala is beautiful! And with the lights, it’s just stunning! Very nice

3 Likes

It is gorgeous! So glad you posted!

3 Likes

I know the feeling. I thought of myself as fairly creative until I wandered in here… :no_mouth:
Welcome to our community, and thank you for sharing that beautiful work!

4 Likes

Super great stuff!

1 Like

Very inspirational! I never know what to expect when I open a topic/post, other than I know that I will be impressed. This projection mapped mandala proves that. Master Po is whispering in my ear. “Empty your glass grasshopper, you have much to learn”.
Beautiful!

2 Likes

Very vivid.

1 Like