Projects rendering differently from two different computers

I am logged in to Glowforge from 2 different Imacs in my print shop. When I open a project, I would think that it would be the same from each computer, but that is not the case. Do I really need to remember which machine I worked on to know which is the most up to date file?

One computer is the production machine where a good deal of work is done, but the other machine has a customer interface, so if I am working with a client on a design, and then want to print from the production machine, I am not getting the same design.

Just wondering if there is a way to fix this or am I doing something incorrectly.

Thanks!

That is a very interesting observation. Support might be able to look at the logs and see what is different between each design when accessed. Would be handy to know what you are seeing as different as well…

Just refresh your browser and you’ll have the most current.

1 Like

Doesn’t work every time …

Well that is weird.

Nothing’s local, so you must be experiencing a browser or network-related issue.

Just a guess here, but it might be the case where if you have 2 browsers open, both already having the object in the library, then upload an update on browser1, browser2 just uses its cache (since it was already there). Close/re-open browser2 (assuming it’s a session-based cache), or clear browser2’s cache might resolve that. If it’s session-based, a simple refresh probably wouldn’t work.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry it took us so long to reply here, @Elinor. It would be great to know some information about the browsers you’re using between both iMacs, and whether using different browsers has a positive affect on the behavior. If you’re using Safari, which handles websockets differently than other browsers, I suggest trying Chrome for a bit and letting me know whether that helps.

Let me know how it goes and what you find.

No worries - it has been a busy week for me too. I am using Firefox, but I will try to make sure that I shut down the browser when I am finished with a project so that I can see if that helps. The operating systems are different on both. Would that make a difference?

Elinor

Browser update compatibility between operating system might impact the handoff between browser sessions, but it’s unlikely unless the difference is between Safari and another browser. However, @Tom_A has provided some very helpful advice that I agree with. Most browsers will use their cached information for more efficient data handling. Clearing the cache on your second browser before trying to view and print the updates from the first browser may be the best course of action. Could you please give that a try as well, and let me know how it goes?

I will do that, and give an update! Thanks!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread. Did the advice for clearing the cache on your second browser help? If not, we’ll be happy to help further.

Since I haven’t seen any replies on this thread for a while I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.