Proofgrade did not cut all the way through

Choose a Proofgrade setting, then click on Manual. The values for the Proofgrade are populated in the slots, and you can make slight adjustments with the sliders.

1 Like

Sweet. Thatā€™s the guidance I needed.

When theyā€™re not cutting through I drop the speed between 5 and 10 units. Thatā€™s generally enough.

I was responding to the Glowforge staff member. The slight reduction in speed I mentioned had worked, proving that the lines of the file were just fine as well.

The first piece was not warped, it was stored flat with several other pieces and had no tilty edges. In fact, the second print with the reduced speed was on a piece of warped proofgrade (Itā€™s warping was my own fault, it was a scrap piece left overhanging a shelf). It does prove your point, reducing speed can overcome warping. But my mention of it had more to do with the file being good.

1 Like

Thanks @lizabeta. Iā€™m sorry the default settings didnā€™t work well for you. Since you found a way to print successfully, Iā€™m going to close this thread. I will pass on all the feedback about the settings.