Proofgrade Keychain very first Print stopped. Unable to complete

Just received our glowforge today. We couldnt wait to get cutting! We went through the initial setup and when we went to cut our first piece it went through the focusing lens and then went straight to print stopped and said unable to complete the print. We tried different designs, different materials, cut off the computer and router and let them reboot. Have yet to get to the point where we can push the button on the glowforge to get cutting.

I read on a post in the community by, johnoton315 whom had the exact problem and he posted that customer service had to “change some things around on their end”… and that was the only thing that worked for him.

Is there anyway that I can get help so that I can get started ASAP using this machine??:pray:t3::pray:t3:

I received it at 10 am this morning and have spent ALL day trying to get it to print… a little disappointed.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I have already emailed support, just wanted to check here while I wait for a response back.

So you know - when you email support and then also post here you open two tickets and they have to combine them before they can respond - so it’ll slow things down slightly

I didn’t know that. Thank you for letting me know that. I am a new owner so I’m sure I have a ton of things to learn about this community.:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Are you getting a yellow light on the machine?

Your Glowforge features a closed-loop liquid cooling system that uses the air from the room to remove heat. It is designed to be used when the temperature next to your Glowforge is between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 Celsius). To check, put a room thermometer next to the right hand side of the Glowforge; it draws in air from underneath, on the right. Can you let us know the temperature? Additionally, can you post a photo showing the left side of the inside of your Glowforge under the glass lid?

Any luck? Just received mine today and I am having the same issue.

It usually helps to post a New Topic in Problems and Support if you want the support team to take a look at your issue…it creates a ticket for you. (Otherwise they might not see it…they don’t read every topic over and over again looking for people with similar issues. They do read New Topics.)

I opened a ticket through a chat I had with support. I saw this after the fact and thought I would ask if her problem was ever resolved. Thanks for checking, it is nice to see Glowforge users looking out for each other.

4 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.