Proofgrade Materials Order not Shipping?

I placed an order for Proofgrade materials on 01/04 and have not received confirmation that it has shipped. I have also tried to contact support for 2 days with no response either. What gives?

1 Like

The warehouse in Kentucky was closed last week. I have an order from 12-31 that has not been shipped.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info – how did you find out? It would be nice for Glowforge to provide some sort of update.

1 Like

Last week I had to order two front carriage wheels and I called support. Support told me the warehouse was closed for the week and my wheels would not be shipped out until this week.

1 Like

I guess the shipping gods have smiled upon me – I just received notification that it shipped. No response from support, however. :slightly_frowning_face:

@dan, if you’re listening: you’ve set a precedent at being a responsive company. If there’s a 1 week delay in shipping, please inform the customer. It’s worse for us not to hear anything.

Glowforge support doesn’t stock or ship anything, it’s all outsourced. They have no direct visibility into stock levels. Shipping notifications come from the outsourcer. If you open a ticket by email or posting here, all support can do is email the outsourcer and wait for a reply, and you won’t get a response until they see it, and get around to replying.

Two things: 1) Glowforge needs to work on communications with that outsourcer. If there’s a delay, someone needs to feed that up the chain. 2) Support can at least reply and say, “we’re waiting on response from our outsourcer.”

It can’t be “someone else’s problem”. You’re running a business. You’re selling and shipping goods. You’re managing customer expectations.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree. Those are just the facts, and it’s always been that way.

1 Like

In any case, thanks for the info. Where did you read that?

It’s not openly published. Just from years being here, reading the forums, and noting where stuff was shipped from over time.

1 Like

I’ve been a long time lurker – I was part of the original “kick starter” campaign. Waited two years to get my initial unit, used it for four years before getting a replacement, and have purchased literally thousands in supplies to support my small business.

This is the first time I’ve had a delay in shipment and the first time I’ve received zero response from support. I hope it’s not a trend.

Me neither, but as reported above, they were closed last week so they’re probably playing catch-up.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the delay in getting back to you! I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.