ProofGrade Projects and Pre-Release Glowforge :glowforge: Design Catalog 12-piece puzzle

Same situation unfortunately in AI…while they have an automatic join process for open paths, it tends to join the paths in unexpected ways resulting in garbage.

Even though it’s going to take longer and be less efficient, it might be better to just let the laser bounce all over the place with it’s pathing. It’s not like using a knife that will get caught up in the material.

(Might not be able to watch it if we’re OCD in any way.)

4 Likes

@dan, would you need multipoint for a small area like 2x3? Or is it focusing on a point at the honeycomb tray and not at the top of the material, throwing off the cut?

I could totally watch it, maybe even make paths specifically to see how much i can get it to bounce all over… thats what happens though when your OCD and ADHD compliment each other. When they’re at odds though, you have problems. LOL.

4 Likes

Good question. Something as small as 2x3, unless its dreadfully warped somehow, will do just fine with a single focus point. It’s prints over a large area (or highly curved surface) that need it.

1 Like

Thats what I thought. The issues with the cutting after engraving must be something else. Thanks for the reply.