Proofgrade Settings not showing up when I move to manual

If I start with a proofgrade operation and convert it to manual, I thought the proofgrade settings were supposed to appear in the manual window so that one can make small tweaks. I’ve been noticing this doesn’t always seem to work.

For example, if I tell the glowforge to use “Thick Black Acryllic” and and choose:

“Draft Graphic” Proofgrade engrave. Then change it to manual, the settings come up as:
Speed 1000, Power Full, 195lpi, 1 pass, 0.236" thick.

“SD Graphic” Proofgrade engrave. Then change it to manual, the settings come up as:
Speed 1000, Power Full, 270lpi, 1 pass, 0.236" thick.

“HD Graphic” Proofgrade engrave. Then change it to manual, the settings come up as:
Speed 300, Power 16, 450lpi, 1 pass, 0.236" thick.

Are those first two settings accurate? Does Draft and SD really both use 1000 speed/Full Power? or is there just a problem populating the defaults when I change to manual settings? Those settings just seem so different from the HD settings, that I am doubting their accuracy.

Thanks,

2 Likes

Every now and then I do see glitchy behavior with switching to Manual after choosing Proofgrade. Usually just switching back and forth a time or two fixes it.

2 Likes

That’s not working for me. All of the Acrylic material types that I’ve checked seem to consistently display 1000 speed/full power for the Draft and SD modes. I guess it’s possible that those really are the right settings. But I wanted to check.

It’s the LPI that makes the difference on the first two. When it bumps to 450 for the HD, they have to drop the power a ton to keep it from melting.

3 Likes

Yes, the settings are accurate, and switching to manual is showing you the Proofgrade settings.

2 Likes

Ditto… SD is showing more detail (lpi) and HD is slowing WAY down and printing at much higher lpi again…

I looked into these settings, and verified they are correct.

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any additional questions, go ahead and post a new topic.