Proofgrade settings not working on draftboarf

Hi, my gf detects the medium draftboard but won’t cut all the way through perfectly .So I have been changing it to thick and it works, but how can I fix. I tried cleaning lens.

1 Like

Wood-based product, PG or no, can be affected by local conditions, most notably humidity. They swell, contract, and warp. Making sure the materials are utterly flat is crucial, but sometimes the PG settings are trumped by physics and need tweaking. When this happens, I slow down the speeds by about 10-15 units. When I’m too lazy to test, I preemptively slow them down. YMMV, of course. :wink:

The Support site has some great tips:

https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/cut-didnt-go-through-material

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that things aren’t working for you on the Proofgrade settings.

The article @dwardio linked to is a great place to start. If you’re still having problems after following the steps there, I need a little more information to investigate.

We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Could you print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade Draftboard using the default settings and let us know the result? If it doesn’t print well, please let us know the date and time of your print and send photos of the front and back of the print.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.