Proofgrade Swap Meet - Idea / Discussion

Wondering if it would be a good idea to have a centralized thread where people can swap surplus/ unneeded Proofgrades for needed Proofgrades to complete a project.

I.e. I have a lot of Med. Fluorescent Pink Acrylic, But I have a project that requires 3 sheets of Thick Purple Acrylic. I am willing to part with the pink (or anything I don’t need) for proofgrade I do need.

Here is an example of what I mean-

I have -
5x (5x10) - Medium Red Acrylic
2x (12x20) - Medium Green Acrylic
2x (5x10) - Thick Fluorescent Green Acrylic
7x (12x20) - Thick Clear Acrylic
9x (12x20) - Meduim Fluorescent Pink Acrylic
5x (5x10) - Meduim Fluorescent Pink Acrylic

I need -
3x (12x20) - Thick Purple Acrylic
3x (12x20) - Thick Fluorescent Green Acrylic

Then contact the person directly via a PM to figure out the details on the swap.
This should keep the swap thread fairly clean and quick to scan thru other people surplus.

The idea is not to create a profit center to folks that have out of stock items but to help other people that are in a bind. So fair trade is advisable and welcomed.

If this is something that a good number of people think this is a good idea, I’ll create another thread for the actual swapping and please use the format example above.

8 Likes

Can’t hurt. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One of the things that is often recommended is to do the swap through PayPal (or the like). Both sides claim the full retail of the item as if it’s a sale so if someone doesn’t follow through, it’s covered. There’s a cost to that (PayPal’s fee), but it might be worth it for bigger swaps.

4 Likes

I’m sure there are those that would make use of and appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.