Proofgrade Walnut Plywood Alphabet Block(s)

Ouch! Thats mean! Beware of the font police! :wink:

1 Like

Yeah…no.

But I like @PlGHEADED 's idea about a custom board! I have already been toying with ideas for custom Tablero boards for some of my SCA friends. So maybe I’ll add a custom Scrabble board to my game board hopper :slight_smile:

(sans comic sans)

1 Like

I may have to do that for my artist Daughter. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

You can open the PDF directly in Inkscape or Illustrator and modify it.

4 Likes

Yes. I did that and it works great. Thanks.

2 Likes

You really want to screw with someone, use several different fonts for the tiles.
On purpose.
Yes. I am a horrible person.

9 Likes

To really mess with a typography nerd, use half Helvetica and half Arial. :smile:

5 Likes

And Papyrus. Gotta have Papyrus :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

May as well throw some Haettenschweiler and Brush Script in there too.

1 Like

Why not both? WHY NOT BOTH?!

30 Likes

I’m staying out of this font war. It got a little heated last time! :laughing:

5 Likes

Wow! I love Comic Papyrus! :heart_eyes: :wink: - Rich

2 Likes

Lest we get too far out afield: the font does need to be placed in a rectangle taller than wide. Theoretically they could be square tiles, but then that gets a bit challenging with orientations as you line them up. So the W and the M could looked squished. A serif or decorative font would be interesting, but only with readability and ease of placement, manipulation considered. I have never really thought about letters in this way, so figuring out what looks good on a square (my alphabet block project) and a rectangle (my Scrabble inlay project) takes some thought.

5 Likes

Epic!

Any thoughts about adding Chiller to the mix. Would really make a design statement. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Ahhhhhh… forgot about Chiller! Good suggestion!

1 Like

@tim1724 twitch*

@cmreeder Actually I have plans of doing this for my kiddo (I’m the resident type designer)… alphabet blocks with either 6 different fonts, or 6 different hand lettered styles. Then they are a matching game too! :sunglasses:

@Brandon_R This made me laugh for several minutes. :laughing: I can’t wait to show my husband!

:update: His response: “can’t unsee! can’t unsee!!”

2 Likes

Yeah, I had to squish the M and the W quite a bit to make them fit in the tiles above.

1 Like