Prototype Quick Disconnect Magnetic Vent Hose Coupler

Looks amazing! I really like how the design came out!

7 Likes

I’m really going to have to start using some other descriptive words besides great, fantastic, and ‘love’…but until I do, all those things I said…

12 Likes

I hear ya sista :laughing: I’ve been feeling the same way :yum:

Yes and that being said… great job @marmak3261😉

Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Beautiful way to take a utilitarian part and make it fun and a piece of art. This was what the GF is made for. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Brilliant! :smiley:

If I end up needing a hose vent, I plan on stealing your design idea with a minor adjustment since my only back window is a sliding glass door… BUT I should be find since I’m getting an air filter. :smiley:

3 Likes

Wow that looks awesome!

1 Like

I just love the way you incorporated cool things from your travels into this project! Well done!

2 Likes

Great idea :bulb: love the use of neodymium magnets!

2 Likes

so the very small magnets arrived (addressed to me “or current resident” … hmm.)

They are smaller than I had imagined, but will be the perfect size for embedding into a small plastic figure’s hand, in order for it to ‘hold’ an accessory. Might work for a small box-lid closure as well.

24 Likes

I picked up a bunch of cubes about that size. Cubes rock because you can build nifty things with them. Not sure what you can do with mini-pucks…

5 Likes

My thought was to embed them into things.

15 Likes

How dare you use magnets as magnets! They are sculpture prototyping material only!

18 Likes

Blasphemy! (just kidding, I love magnets :yum:)

I bought some via Aliexpress, but they’re thinner (100 units)

10 Likes

Build video of the sausage making.

24 Likes

wow thank you for that. after watching that I do hope glowforge has some way to store layer settings with the project in case I want to do several prints at once. or even separated by a power outage.

That was fantastic, to watch to whole process from beginning to end, including the hiccups. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I’ll definitely rewatch this in mind when I plan my venting. I was thinking today about whether to do a setup very similar to yours or whether to punch a whole in the wall. If I do that, I’ll still want the insulated plug for when the Glowforge is not in use. I love the engrave you did on the plug. I’ll have to think up a variant that fits my office better.

2 Likes

Not yet, but something like this is forthcoming.

15 Likes

Kjmagnetics.com has every size and strength you could ever hope for, including countersunk center drilled ones and rubber or plastic coated ones. Shipping is very fast too.

Sorry for bringing back a dead thread, but I see a lot of people asking about where to get super magnets and I wanted to help.

3 Likes

I made my own magnetic disconnect for a vent as well.
This is the Original post
The new pictures posted is the finished project:

NOTES: the red ring are the embedded magnets (red epoxy) the silver ring is a metal ring)
the foam sits snugly on the vent on the GF (you can clamp if you want) and the other ring can be attached to a hose, or as I did to a flat vent.

5 Likes