Prototype success!

Those turned out great! (Love the depths on the engraves too. Makes them pop!) :grinning:

1 Like

Oh wow thanks man! That is so awesome. That robot was a ton of fun to build, I would love to get back in to making stuff like that. Joe is awesome. I havenā€™t seen him in a while but Iā€™ve been seeing all the awesome work hes been cranking out lately. So cool
And thank you for your offer!!! I am never short on ideas and would love to run some more tests. Ill shoot you a message.

1 Like

Thank you! so pumped with how they came out :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for the tutorial! Awesome.

3 Likes

@benmoriconi oh so very good at this. Here is one he did for me as payment for my efforts.

I SO look fwd to whatever tutorial he can come up with.

20 Likes

Looks sharp! :sunglasses:
(sorry. donā€™t hit me.)

7 Likes

Those came out great!!

All this talk of making coasters reminds me of burning CDs and DVDs where ā€œburning a coasterā€ means a totally different thing! :blush:

On a more serious note, what kind of wood and/or finishing is best to keep these from warping the first time they get wet?

4 Likes

Iā€™m just going to clear coat mine and see how that comes out. But yes, they need something.

1 Like

It always brings this scene from Christmas Vacation to mind:

2 Likes

YES! That came out awesome. Thank you for the ind words my friend. Would you prefer a video tutorial or a step by step picture tutorial?

2 Likes

@Jules that was coldā€¦But I still love you

1 Like

I think that comes down to what you are comfortable with. I love the video, and totally respect those who can do a good one but for me to convey any good information I have to do power point style tutorials.

BTW if you ever want to start working 3d in Fusion 360 I have tutorials here that break the ice and can be folowed up with Youtube vidios.

1 Like

Ok cool. Ill start out picture style and if I get frustrated or think a video would be better ill try that.

And yeah man please share some links to your fusion tutorials. A buddy of mine has been using it and fell in love with it, so it has been on my to do list.

Just go to the ā€œTips and Tricksā€ section and in the first post, there is a link to a spreadsheet that @Jules keeps that makes finding them easy.

All of mine are in that section but the spreadsheet makes them easy to find. Lots of 2d art program tutorials as well but I look like you are old hat with them.

1 Like

Ok awesome thanks!! I finished my tutorial but I am not able to post to the tips and tricks section yet. How does that work?

Just zip it if it is in a format that the forum doesnā€™t recognize and create a new post in that section. @Jules will put it in the matrix from there.
You can attach the file or zip just like you did photos here.
Iā€™m very much looking forward to seeing it.

1 Like

I donā€™t have privileges to post in that section yet :frowning:
"* Only regulars to the forum bulletin board can post here - the system will grant posting privileges automatically. Anyone can reply, though."

1 Like

Oh! Dm to me and Iā€™ll get it in there. Sorry I didnā€™t realize you didnā€™t have authorization.

1 Like

Oh no worries. OK so the problem is. It is just a series of screenshots and I have instructions written out to go along with each one. I was planning on just making a forum post. I could combine the text ant screenshots into a series of images or a PDF. What would you recommend?

3 Likes

All of mine are PDF (as well as most of the others) and people seem to like them that way. So yeah PDF is great.

3 Likes