Prototyping with the Glowforge

Kitchen table

Our 20+ year old kitchen table was on its last legs, literally. So the wife and I sat down and designed a new one.

This was the result.

IMG_0799
Took it to a local furniture maker and this is what he came up with.
IMG_0770

He did a good job, don’t you think?

30 Likes

Your images did not come through.

2 Likes

I know. I’m having problems uploading the pictures from my iPad and I can’t seem to be able to delete the post.

2 Likes

Don’t delete the post - we are all curious to see your new table, so keep working to get the pictures to transfer. We’ll wait patiently.

6 Likes

You Know what they say… “Pictures or it didn’t happen.”

3 Likes

I gotta learn to hold my mouth right!
Photos up now.

4 Likes

I can see the pictures and they look great!

4 Likes

What a cool idea and a great final outcome. The GF is definitely great for prototyping and this is proof.

4 Likes

Very good job indeed!

3 Likes

Looks Awesome!

4 Likes

This looks great!!

3 Likes

The pictures were worth waiting for. Nicely done.

3 Likes

Very nice looking desk unit. Really attractive too.

2 Likes

Its beautiful! It there a reason for the leg at the centre versus 2 legs, one on each corner?

2 Likes

People feet? :slight_smile:

Easier to pull a chair under.

3 Likes

You and your wife did a wonderful job designing, and the furniture guy did a great job on the people-sized one for you. However, he did miss all your dark tab marks ( :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:). Guess he doesn’t have a classy Glowforge to make all his cuts! :joy:

3 Likes

The new table looks like it is on its last leg but nice :slightly_smiling_face:
The ones I have seen similar had a piano hinge so the leg would fold and go to min size.

2 Likes

Great job! The table turned out great.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.