Proud parent moment

I just wanted to share a proud parent moment.

My eldest child Eden has been taking art lessons since they were in second grade and their name was Fiona. They are now a senior at the Cleveland Institute of Art majoring in Illustration. I like to joke and say they are the artist formally known as Fiona. :-).

The Illustration students were tasked with creating posters to commemorate this years induction ceremony for an obscure local music history museum called the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Ok, so maybe not so obscure… The Hall chose 5 of the student’s work to sell in their gift shop. Eden’s poster was chose as one of the 5! Attached is a link to Eden’s poster for anybody who is interested in checking it out.

Super proud of my kid.

32 Likes

Sweet! Congrats to them :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice! :sunglasses:

There’s no feeling like it!

6 Likes

Thank you!

And yes, it is an awesome feeling :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You certainly have a great reason to be proud - but I’m guessing you would be proud had their work been chosen or not. Congrats to them!

7 Likes

You are correct. I’ve been proud for a very long time… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

From my perspective at 67, my children are the only reason I was ever here at all.

9 Likes

Agreed. Hard part is knowing you will have less time with them as they become the people they are, the ones you are happy and excited to see them become.

7 Likes

That is just amazing!

5 Likes

Thank you and it is super exciting for them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good job!

4 Likes

That is so cool! Give them our hearty congratulations.

6 Likes

Thank you I most definitively will let them know!

1 Like

That is fabulous!

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Congrats to Eden! They are definitely a talented artist!

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats, congrats, congrats!! I know you are super proud of them!! Tell Eden well done!!

My youngest just finished her first semester of college. We honestly had no idea how she would do for many reasons. She struggled so much during the pandemic and had never been in a classroom. She ended up just thriving. M has always enjoyed art so I’m hoping she will take some art classes in college.

3 Likes

Thank you! Definitely am proud as I am sure you are as well for your child. :slight_smile: my youngest still is struggling due to the pandemic. They are a sophomore in HS and really just having trouble socially and with lots of OCD that did not exist before. I hope by end of HS that changes but as of now it worries me about their future.

1 Like

Please know I do understand. A year or two ago we honestly did not know if our daughter would still be here today. I will keep your child in my thoughts that something changes for them too. I know how incredibly scary it is to be in this place as a parent.

4 Likes