Pumpkin from Staves with Tea Light

Here is a pumpkin made from staves; it holds a tea light and you can also serve Hersey’s Nuggets, one-at-a-time by inverting the filled pumpkin and shaking. There is no control over which flavor comes out.
The 30 staves were cut from one 12 X 20 inch board and the mount and handle were cut from a second board. It was designed for 0.125 inch thick material (no mask) with 0.006 inch kerf using Inkscape. Slot fits are not so tight; a larger kerf or thicker material might work better.
IMG_5822
IMG_5821
IMG_5824
Pumpkin staves tea light layered summary V4 grouping
Pumpkin staved  layered  tea light mount summary

51 Likes

Neat! The pain of seeing the flavor you want is in there, but not getting it to come out :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

In the SVG for the staves notice two small pieces at the top. These are to check the fit of the slots for the staves in the mount. Cut these without cutting the staves to decide about proceeding.
You may have to adjust the position of the SVG for the staves carefully. It barely fits on my machine.

10 Likes

This is great! I’m a sucker for anything pumpkin. Thank you!

5 Likes

Thank you.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Lid assembly: attach the handle to the large circle. Glue the two smaller circles together, then glue the pair to the bottom of the large circle. Done.

6 Likes

This is great thanks for sharing

5 Likes

Love it - thanks so much for sharing! : )

4 Likes

What a wonderful share - thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! This is darling!

2 Likes

Thank you for the design! I have been kicking around making something like this! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this share! I can’t wait to make it!

1 Like

I appreciate the inspiration - I designed then printed this earlier, it is specially designed to use a 70mm “hockey puck” LED base from below, and the whole thing just fits on a single sheet of Purebond 5/32” maple, which are over-size at 12" tall, but precisely 19" wide. It has 24 “staves.” The slots on the mating pieces are a perfect fit for the sheet I used (3.344mm to get a snug fit, I cut a small test piece for every sheet)…

Kind of sad that my tube is dying. Used to cut perfectly at 200/FULL (Pro) but I’ve had to drop to 150 speed now.

Mine (well, it’s for my daughter) is painted, but after looking at the pic then back at the item, I’ve decided the “stem” needs to be painted brown-ish.

Here’s an example of the pieces but it’s not much use unless you have the same material and “puck” LED…
image

9 Likes

Thank you.

Excellent design!!! Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Great pattern! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This is adorable!! I can’t wait to make it!!! Thank you so much!!!

1 Like