Purchased Unlimited File But Cannot Print Additional Copies

Hi, I’m brand new to Glowforge and have just made the first couple of projects. :slight_smile:

I purchased the file for both the painter’s tool trestle and a pair of earrings. I was able to make the first copy of the trestle. I also was able to insert the file for the earrings, but decided against it and deleted it from the…dashboard (or whatever it’s called that the camera is photographing…what is it called??)

But now that I’d like to make an additional copy of the trestle or make a first copy of the earrings, the file won’t insert onto the dashboard. I can insert any of the other (free) files, no problem.

Is there something I’m doing wrong? I don’t want to have to rebuy the file, since I purchased the unlimited print version.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!!

You can try resetting the design. Go to you dashboard and select the design. Then select the three little dots in the tool bar. Select “design details” then select reset design. I am not sure if this works for purchased designs. Glowforge can also reset the designs for you.

4 Likes

THANK YOU for preventing me going crazy!

3 Likes

Next time don’t delete it. :wink:

What if you change your mind and don’t want to print it right now…but want to make it later? (That’s what I had in mind to do.)

Just to clarify, I deleted the design from the layout the camera was showing me. But when I went back to the list of available projects, it was there, not deleted.

The instructions above worked for me to get it back onto my layout, though.

That’s what it’s there for. Just close the project, don’t delete its content.

To be more explicit: When you have a project open on the screen, you don’t need to delete it to open another one. You can have multiple projects in your library. Just click “dashboard” to go back to your list of projects. The one you’ve just left will be saved in the state you left it in, and you can open a different one, or start a new one.

4 Likes

Aha! Thanks, that will help a lot!

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers @geek2nurse! I’m going to close this thread - if it happens again, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like