Purple button!

is it really the button of death? ive had 4 replacement machines in a year and after cutting perfectly fine last night now i have the purple button as soon as i turn it on. Its perfectly clean, not that old of a machine but i have a ton of orders to get done and i cant afford a couple weeks of turn around because of a bum machine. im so tired of replacements and they have all been mechanical things not my fauly as to why they are broke!

Anyone get any help till support gets back to me?

Nope, not for a purple button. :anguished:
Sorry, it does sound like you’ve had an unusual run of bad luck with your machines. But support is going to have to look at it. We can’t do anything for this one.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag with your Glowforge. I’ve extracted the logs to take a look at the Purple Button Behavior you are seeing.

Did the purple button occur during a print, or after rebooting your Glowforge?

I can see that you’ve been able to print since posting in the Community forum. Are you still seeing the button appear to be purple even while being able to print successfully?

Once we can confirm these details, we’ll send over any additional steps.

Hey. The purple button just showed up as soon as I turned it on. Nothing moved or happened.
Now I have a purple button at the end of the print but it’s still working fine.

Karlyn Palmer

Thank you for letting us know. It’s possible that the LED in the button is displaying a different color than expected. If that is the case, that won’t affect the operation of your printer.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to continue our investigation. The goods news is I didn’t see anything on our end that indicates any trouble. Could you please let me know if you’ve experienced any other unusual behavior from your printer since your last post?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.