Purple error lights, safety interlock not working

Hi folks,
I put in a support request a few days ago about an intermittent purple light on the Glowforge Pro. Simple job, just over 1 minute. Laser does not fire, purple light comes on, but the UI continues to count down as if nothing was wrong. Powering down and back on appears to resolve the problem. It’s happened twice previously.

Today, I started a job, and again the laser did not fire. However, a new issue has cropped up: there was no purple error light this time, and pressing the Glowforge button did not pause the job. Worse, when I opened the lid, the head continued to pass back and forth. That seems like a potentially serious issue to me, although maybe less so if the laser isn’t actually firing.

Has anyone seen this particular (mis)behavior?

Yes, if you opened the lid and the head kept moving, you need to unplug the machine and find your box and orange bits…don’t use the machine again. It will likely need to go in for repair. I’m sorry. That’s lousy news. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

That’s what I’m afraid of. And given the support delays during the pandemic, I’m dreading the down-time, especially when my side business is just starting to take off. Bah!

1 Like

Yep…we’ve had to get pretty creative with our main business to keep things going. Totally sucky right now. (And tiring.)

1 Like

The purple button during the print might have left some logs that we can check out.

1. Turn your Glowforge on
  2. Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color
  3. Your Glowforge is now broadcasting a temporary Wi-Fi access point. Connect your computer to “Glowforge XXX-XXX” (from your Wi-Fi Settings)
  4. Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/zip
  5. A .zip file should download to your computer
  6. Reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network and email the .zip file to support@glowforge.com

Please let me know if you run into any difficulty with these steps. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, Pip. I’ve been in touch with Marc, who accessed the logs and advised that there were wifi issues concurrent with each of the problems. I’m going to reconfigure my network and monitor for now.

Oh great! Since you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.