Quality degrading

I have been cutting these keychains for a year now…same material, same settings, same art file. I just got done cutting a sheet and it started out great but by the end of the job the quality of the engraving is horrible! They almost look burnt. I JUST cleaned the machine before I started this particular engraving/cut.

Cleaned exhaust port, head fan, exhaust tube clear? Those are some of the things I think of in addition to cleaning the lenses and windows.

So you are doing these one at a time? Would have been oriented with the empty slot in the top left so in this pic the bottom left is the last one done?

Did it cut all the way through?

going back now and cleaning exhaust. I engrave/cut one whole sheet in one setting was all one run (around 2.5 hours…have done this multiple times before) , the top left was were it started and the bottom right was were it finished. the bottom right ones also did not cut/engrave all the way through

I’m not sure that you’ll get support for non-Proofgrade materials. You might run some engraved on Proofgrade material to see what happens.

Since you just cleaned, I would make sure that you don’t have debris in the slots that the crumbtray sits in.

1 Like

Since this problem is being seen on materials that were purchased from another company, we can’t offer support for prints that don’t come out as expected. I’m going to move it to Beyond the Manual so other folks here can help. Should this happen with a print on Proofgrade materials, please open a new ticket in Problems and Support and we’ll help you right away!

What is this material?

Did the start at the bottom and work its way up? Almost looks like smoke resudue on the bottom ones, from blowing the smoke across the piece.

Air assist working properly? (What @marmak3261 said about head fan) . I’d suspect the bottom left wasn’t engraved last, but first.