Question about adding details to files to display in the dashboard

Does anyone know of any way to add design details and/or instructions to your own files? I did see this question come up about a year ago, but haven’t seen anything else mentioned and wanted to make sure I’m not missing something that’s been added.

I would like to make notes about what material a design works best with, or any special notes about settings to consider before cutting.

If this is not available, this would be something I’d really love to be added! :smiley:

5 Likes

you should post this in problems and support so that GF sees it. they don’t necessarily read things in other subforums. suggestions will be read in P&S.

i think it would be great for them to add a “notes” section for each uploaded file. similar to what adobe does with their creative cloud libraries. and then the notes are searchable, as well as the file names.

5 Likes

Currently I do a box of text and if I’m sending the file out into the world I turn the text into an object so it doesn’t disappear (but having it in a box means it all moves together). It’s definitely a work-around. It would fabulous to be able add stuff to the Design Details section!

5 Likes

That was my next step but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something before requesting it! :slight_smile:
That would be pretty embarrassing to request something that was already available, hahahaha! :smiley:

5 Likes

I do that all the time, but this is an awesome idea.

I’d also like to be able to copy something and paste it where the cursor is. lol I’m adding a note here so I can come back and post this later to the support page. :smiley:

1 Like

Just a suggestion
Save the instruction in a PDF move over to the side of the print area??

If you have premium and make a rectangle outside of the print area, you could use the text trick to type in notes as you work and if you download the file back to your computer you will have the notes :thinking:

2 Likes

yeah - I’ve thought about workarounds, but looking for an enhancement to what currently exists! :slight_smile: But in my experience, if you don’t ask for something, you will rarely get it, whereas if you do ask, you never know!

2 Likes

For most things I very much agree, but my experience here has been much better.

Though that request has been made very many times.

1 Like

Yep. And where I work, the more people ask for something, the more likely it will make it into the dev stories. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No issue posting again. The more people ask, the more they know people want it. To-date, it’s only been asked for a handful of times that I’ve seen. It’s been discussed outside of P&S quite a bit more.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.