Question about dirt/dust and ambient temperature

Creatively brilliant.

I wonder how many people would have come up with the possibility of using a tent inside a shop? A room within the room so to speak. Pretty similar to paint booths and such in body shops but still an out of the box way of looking at things.

7 Likes

Anybody who has built a temporary clean room perhaps :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am the one who knocks.

5 Likes

Now that I see you have a barn (to be so lucky), have you considered just framing up a small room from 2x4s and sheathing it with rigid insulation? It’s inside a pole barn, so it doesn’t need to be structurally strong, just something to hang the sheets of insulation on. That gives you dust protection, a fairly cheap room and something that is easier to air condition than a tent.

5 Likes

By now you should have noticed that the Glowforge community is really encouraging you to find a solution and get burning. Someone gave you the machine because they believe in your talent - we are here to cheer you on and await the posting of your first project.

8 Likes

I am totally seeing how great this community is! I’m so grateful this exists!

3 Likes

I think that’s what’s were going to end up doing…my husband is looking into options. Also, how can we efficiently AND effectively keep a small area cool and as dust free as possible.

1 Like

So this morning I was able to come up with a temporary solution to at least unpack & set up my new GF. Its not ideal but at least I can start to get to know my new machine!!! My hubby is looking into long term options to make a “room” out in the shop.

4 Likes

Mini room inside your shed + portable AC unit :+1:t3:
(or small window AC unit if you’re feeling your framing skills)

1 Like

And an air filtration setup.

You’re going to be sucking a ton of air in to whatever structure you use, and with it all the dust.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.