Queue full + call to action

I meant prior to her call to arms :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How? You just said Google’s servers (which Glowforge uses) are distributed all over and they’re laser focused on performance. What’s trivially easy to fix about that?

1 Like

Per Glowforge it is supposed to be local at some point

I got this error this afternoon, too. Just for a short while. I was actually running something and when it finished, I was loading another file in and it gave me that ‘queue’ thing.

1 Like

I’ve got that message a couple of times this week, but it didn’t last long. I figure it has something to do with the latest updates being sent out en masse… but I could be wrong.

Ref.?

1 Like

Bingo

7 Likes

I’d love to see where you saw this cuz the only thing I’ve ever seen Dan say is that if :glowforge: ever went away as a company they’d make sure the firmware was available for tinkering (which they did in a GitHub drop a couple years back)

One example:

1 Like

Cloud services are designed to be “on demand” and scalable. You need more, you simply buy more. It is literally as easy as buying anything else on-line. It’s the whole point of Cloud Services - you pay for what you need and get more by paying more as your needs increase. Google and Amazon and Microsoft and everyone else aren’t going to “run out”. They have tons of “resiliency” since their business model is fundamentally based on not running out of capacity.

Like Cable TV. You want more channels, you just go on line and order them and your cable box suddenly has more channels. You’re running an app on Google and you need more processing capacity you just order it and it’s there.

So if “Queue Full” is a resource bandwidth problem, fixing it is as easy as buying more bandwidth. Trivial. If however “Queue Full” is a problem with Google’s service, that has nothing to do with whether or not GF has enough bandwidth. It’s to do with busted hardware or a software bug that needs to be fixed. Nothing GF can do about that except complain just like the rest of us.

4 Likes

Which is exactly what we’ve been saying for 3 hours…

2 Likes

I am so sorry for the periods this month where the service was slow or unavailable. You can see them all here: https://statuspage.glowforge.com.

We’re in the process of deploying improvements now to address this problem and improve our uptime in the future.

I’m going to close this thread - if you run into any trouble, go ahead and post a new topic.

5 Likes