Quick and boring NY Maker Faire tag

I’ll be at Maker Faire tomorrow. If you’re there, too, and want to say hello, I’ll be the guy wearing this:

It’s thick draft board. Mostly 'cause I wanted to play with draft board. And partially because I wanted something thick enough to inlay the magnet.
(Oops. Just saw I didn’t fully rip off the masking from the “e.” Don’t worry, it came out perfectly IRL.)

Even thought I knew I wanted to make this weeks ago, I quickly designed and engraved this tonight. So, I didn’t have any fasteners. But I have magnets that I use with my Glowforge, so it’ll be magnetted to my shirt…

Yeah, that smear is the glue. Funny thing… I went to glue in the magnet and I wasn’t thinking and was right on top of a metal baking pan. So the magnet tried to get to it as I went to gently place it in its hole. :wink: Idiot.

Anyway, hope to meet you tomorrow!

36 Likes

Nice job on it! Are you doing a booth? (Or table or whatever they call them.)

4 Likes

Most excellent! Have fun…stay hydrated and don’t stress.:smile::smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! I forgot how much fun 'forging is. Now all I wanna do is make more stuff!
And, Nope! Never been to a Maker Faire so figured what the heck. The whole family’s going to check it out. 2.5 hrs each way. Supposed to be nice weather. Should be s good time!

10 Likes

Please post a lot of pics! I (sadly) won’t be able to go but I want to see everything (mostly :glowforge: ) :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Looks great, Tom! Hope your family have a fun time!

3 Likes

Nice name tag. Not that it matters in this application, but magnets and adhesives generally don’t play well together for very long.

2 Likes

It’s not boring, it’s literal and descriptive! And totally demonstrates the Glowforge capacity to solve problems.

4 Likes

That’s so great that you and your family will be making a road trip day of it. By now, it’s done and over with, but I’m sure you had a wonderful time.

1 Like

It looked great in person! And what a treat to finally get to meet you. I’m so glad you’ve got a forge that’s working well for you!

5 Likes