Quick Mother's Day Project

As I do every year, I’ll be hosting my mom and one of my sisters (the other one is out of town this week) for brunch tomorrow. I wanted to make up a little something for them to take away, and came up with these little place cards/drink charms. The symbol on each is the American Sign Language symbol for the first letter of their names. I’ve got “d,” “l” and “k” here. Engraved into 1/4" acrylic, cut into diamond shape, and filled in engraving with gold paint. Attached to the glass with gold wired ribbon, et voila!

Happy Mother’s Day all!

46 Likes

Love the gold fill on those! Is that just plain old acrylic? (It looks like wire inlay.) :relaxed:

6 Likes

Oh thanks! I used Vintaj patina in one of the gold colors.

9 Likes

Never heard of it…need to get some. :+1:

4 Likes

Hobby Lobby carries it. Use your coupon! Or wait, it goes on 50% off about once a month. It’s in the jewelry/beads/charms area. I think it’s some kind of enamel.

8 Likes

I absolutely LOVE this idea and your iteration of it, even better! Really fun and pretty, too. I made some wine charms long ago with the sole intent that they really dress up a wine glass. I wonder really how many people can remember what their ‘charm’ is after they’ve had a glass of wine…or two. Not me, I know. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Awesome awesome awesome after all diamonds are a girls bestest friend…neh ?

1 Like

Before I read your explanation I thought the symbol was for “Number 1” mom!
Nicely done.

2 Likes

Wow. These are GORGEOUS! What a great idea!

And I love that you call this a “quick Mother’s Day project.” You thought it, you designed it, you made it exist. That’s wonderful! OH how I cannot wait to do things like this!

1 Like