Radius for inside of donut in affinity

ummm…but, isn’t that sort of what I did here?

1 Like

Oh sorry, missed the OD part. Yep, that’ll do it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My education was lacking - bad school district.:grinning:

My son/law and daughter both have cad degrees. I might be swapping favors for the keeping the grandkids.

I will have him set the rings up for me if I fail to get my math straight todaY!

1 Like

When I import into the app - how do I move it without the size moving?
I know this I repeat. I have slept since then…

Scratch that - a brain cell woke up.

2 Likes

Oh…My Brain…to many details… I can’t even remember the hand signals for wheels on the boy for the boys.

I need charts people! lol.

But you are so right…I made a ring for barbie this morning…

1 Like

You are funny…first a gorilla, now a tiny doll. Well, at least you’re learning how to do this. :smile:

I made a ring yes! lol.

I may have Kevin work all these up for me and help me with sizing for the sake of time and my backside (sitting so long). My kids will fight over who gets to set these up for me… they really miss doing CAD work.

Your a doll…

I will have another quandry to present after my grandkids go home on saturday …

1 Like

This is where CAD packages work better, as you specify a design “intent” such as this outer circle shall always be 10mm larger than this other circle, and that is clearly spelled out visually on the screen, so you see what is causing things to scale. Like in this example (using OnShape the inner circle is set at 0.5" and the outer is always 0.25" larger, regardless of what you set the diameter of the inner circle to it will always autoscale)

2018-11-21_11-01-47

3 Likes

That would be a lot less frustrating for sure and makes perfect sense - I seem to be having the worst time keeping my sizes consistent.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.