Random acts of Kindness

I am compelled to share with you all something special that put an additional shine on a meaningful day for me.

As evidenced by that little emoji by my name, today started out with gifts and a card staged on the kitchen table where I read the morning paper with my coffee.
I go to bed a few hours later than Susan and I get up earlier, so she exibited an uncharacteristic sneaky move by getting up sometime during the night and setting that up. :heart_eyes:

Then, as I started reading the forum, there was a personal message for me.
An international member of ours, @matteo gave to me his Inventables $50 gift certificate code seeking nothing in return, explaining that shipping and duties rendered it useless to him. At some point in the past I had offered a few words of advice, and today, he thought of me.
Unknown to him that today is my birthday, made it especially surprising and meaningful to me.

In my reply;
“I am humbled by your generosity, and I will put the materials you have given to an appropriate use as a gift for someone deserving.
That you turn what was a hollow gift to you into a meaningful gesture for someone else makes it very special! In that spirit, I will pay it forward.
Thank you my friend. :+1”

45 Likes

Happiest of birthdays dear friend! :grinning: :balloon::confetti_ball::boom::birthday::ice_cream::lollipop::candy:

7 Likes

Happy birthday! Nice to see you’re appreciated.

And @matteo obviously is awesome too.

8 Likes

The gesture was indeed awesome! It made my day.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday!
Susan sounds like a peach! @matteo is obviously very thoughtful. Things to laser … Better than cake!

5 Likes

Happy Birthday my friend!

4 Likes

And the happiest of birthdays from me as well ! :candy::sparkler::hatching_chick: :birthday::pie: :clinking_glasses::boom: :gift::ribbon: :beers::balloon: :tada::popcorn:

4 Likes

Happy day. Great story. Thanks for all you have done on the forum but more for who you are.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday, and thank you for opening up. You’ve spread that joy you felt much further afield, and given a share to all of us.
John :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Happy Birthday!!! :tada:

4 Likes

Wishing you a wonderful day, my glowfriend…and many happy returns. Obviously the kind-hearted @matteo chose just the right person and the right day to give such a thoughtful gift. You are most deserving.

6 Likes

Happy Birthday!

4 Likes

I can’t think of anyone who deserves such a birthday present more! Good on @matteo for his generosity. Happy, happy birthday!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday!
T
hank you for sharing

3 Likes

Happy Birthday! Pass it forward :smile:

2 Likes

Happy birthday. Your gesture sets a great example for all of us. I hope you have a well deserved happy birthday. :smiley:

3 Likes

Happy birthday what you do for others will come back 10 times in blessings.

2 Likes

Happy big cake day!!! :confetti_ball: That’s a very generous gift, and not monetary speaking.

And talking about gifts, will we make a :glowforge: Secret Santa this year??

2 Likes

We should. That was fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes