Random Earrings and a Lamp

Random projects from this week.

56 Likes

I love the soot sprites!

5 Likes

Wow, those look amazing! I really like the light box!

1 Like

Some good work here, a lot of creative variety. I especially like the way you use solid shapes that transition to finer cutouts like on that first pair of earrings.

2 Likes

The lamp frame is all @geek2nurse. I bought the design from her Etsy. But my old neighbors’ anniversary just past and I wanted to make them something special. One of them has cancer and has decided not to continue with treatment.

So I swapped out the innards with random things I thought they would enjoy…mostly I really wanted to see what a sublimated panel would look like when lit…I definitely need a different light…something very low power.

5 Likes

I had random scrap from all the things my husband has had me making for the car, that bit was just the right size to fit those sprites. It’s the two colored stuff (three layers), so I just had to engrave where the white bits are. Making them was super quick…but I still don’t know if I like the way I put them together. I don’t have jewelry pliers…so trying to use my husband’s pliers and make something tiny was pretty hard, so I just did what was easiest.

These were all made with scrap, except the lamp. I have so much scrap, but they are those sizes where I don’t want to throw them away, big enough to be annoying, too small to use for a normal project. I asked friends for random words to give me ideas, and all these projects were born…However…I still have way too much scrap.

8 Likes

Haha, I didn’t even recognize it. No wonder I like it so much. :blush:

All beautiful work!

10 Likes

I made a few changes in height and leg length, but overall it’s your lamp. I like yours better.

3 Likes

Awesome collection! Of course, the cat themed ones are my favorite. :wink:

4 Likes

Beautiful! I love all the cat earrings, and the leaf/twig earrings.

3 Likes

I made about ten different cat designs, just printed the one my friend wanted from the choices I offered her.

3 Likes

You really captured the expression of the cats in teh bird cage. (pun not intended)

1 Like

Try using a lamp dimmer?

Something like:

https://www.amazon.com/Lutron-Credenza-Halogen-Incandescent-TT-300H-WH/dp/B0000BYEF6/ref=asc_df_B0000BYEF6/

or for LEDs:

https://www.amazon.com/Lutron-Credenza-dimmable-Incandescent-TTCL-100H-BL/dp/B004DZONXI/

Might be a nice simple solution with some interactivity.

3 Likes

Lol. That’s the cat from Kiki’s delivery service. In the movie a stuffed cat in the bird cage she was supposed to deliver as a gift fell out, so she made her cat sit in the cage and pretend to be a toy until she found the actual toy. That was fun to make, combining cat and cage.

4 Likes

I love love love everything especially the kitty in the cage!!! You are very creative.

2 Likes

Great minds think alike, I see.

2 Likes

Yeah, that one is my favorite too. :smile:

1 Like

I think this one could be awesome choker. Perhaps the birdcage could be painted in a gold color, the ribbon would be red and the tie around the neck could be a black velvet or satin ribbon.

How about an oversized pendant to be worn in the back of the hair?

2 Likes

Wow, you’ve got a lot of great ideas for it. When I was making it, I just kept thinking, how can I make these clip-on earrings not look like clip-ons? They are a gift for a friend’s daughter, and her ear’s aren’t pierced.

2 Likes

I am sitting here LMAO!! Remember all of the Twilight jewelry.

You need to tell me if you are planning a trip to Forks and I will make you some Twilight jewelry. I want to look your best when you are eating lunch at the café.

1 Like