Random Lines

is this not correct? when i load the image, I use bitmap, then delete the original

Not sure what it is? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

See all the individual points/nodes? That’s the vector image. Is it possible that you deleted the Bitmap copy instead?

This might help, or might not…it’s a couple of quickie tutorials on rasters and vectors, and how the Glowforge uses them.

Meh…you might not need the second one.

1 Like

Since you’re engraving there’s really no reason to go through all these steps in Inkscape, especially as the process is causing you these open path errors.
Just send a JPG or PNG to the GF.

3 Likes

Definitely this, if you aren’t adding a cut line to the image anywhere.

I’m sorry that you’ve been getting unexpected results in your prints. It’s great to see that you’ve already received some excellent information from our other community members. Thanks folks!

What they shared about the unexpected lines possible resulting from certain vector objects in the design is correct. In case it helps, we have a detailed guide on our support site which shows how to Rasterize Objects in Inkscape including screenshots of the process. Please let us know if this solves the issue with unexpected lines!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.