There are just too many things piling up and not enough clear honest communication. I’m a day 1 Pro order in the US and still haven’t received my email.
- I see a thread posted in Problems and Support get locked with a terse response from @dan
- I see a banner on the forum that has no “last updated” timestamp but has reflected the same info for a couple of weeks but then Dan say that they’re updating “at least once a week”.
- I see posts on Facebook from people asking “when are you shipping?” with enthusiastic responses from GlowForge saying “we’re shipping now!” and continuing to claim that new orders will be delivered by November.
- I see barely a trickle of new posts or updates to the spreadsheet stating folks have received their email or their unit, and those all appear to be basic units.
- I see GlowForge at Maker Faires touting the device and continuing to make promises of delivery to new customers by November.
- I see posts about damaged units and ‘acceptable’ cosmetic issues being explained away, while I see other Facebook posts that have responses from GlowForge stating clearly that they are now shipping final production units.
Things just don’t add up. In two days it will be two years since I ordered.
Please, no “I’m sorry, we let you down” responses or “well you can just cancel” responses. I also don’t want to hear “they aren’t required to divulge specific shipping volumes or internal timelines or other sensitive company info” – I’m not asking for those things. It’s time for GlowForge to be up front and honest with what’s going on.
Feeling hugely disrespected as a customer.