Re engrave

Engraved this file onto an acacia board and the words did not engrave in areas and are hard to read. Any way to align to re-do the words and try and salvage the board?

1 Like

Depending on how good your alignment is with the camera, yes you can salvage this board. First, though, I think you need to determine why it didn’t engrave properly in the first place or redoing it won’t help. Did you do this without the honeycomb tray? Did you use the set focus tool? What were your engrave settings?

1 Like

I think it might have been the masking on it that didn’t allow it to engrave in those areas. I did it without the tray and set the focus. Engraving settings where 1000/61/225

If I were you I would sand that image off and redo it from the get go rather than trying to realign it. That would be a pain now that you’ve moved it. Had you left it in place you could have run it again and it would be spot on.

4 Likes

I kind of agree that sanding it and starting fresh might be the answer, but before sanding, adjust the settings. The power of 61 is obviously too low, and I am curious as to why you chose the 1000/61/225 setting.

1 Like

It is not likely that you will be able to put it back in and line it up. I agree with the sanding option

Since this problem is being seen on materials that were purchased from another company, we can’t offer support for prints that don’t come out as expected. Materials may vary widely from piece to piece, even if they’re created by the same manufacturer. I’m going to move it to Beyond the Manual so other folks here can help. Should this happen with a print on Proofgrade materials, please open a new ticket in Problems and Support and we’ll help you right away!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.