Re-skinning a knife

That reminds me…I do still want to pick up at least a couple of the wooden ones for gifts this year Mark…be sure to remind me…last time I went to order, you only had a couple in the Etsy shop.

I keep getting busy and forgetting to check back. :dolphin:

4 Likes

I almost always have more than what shows in Etsy as I am better about making them than getting them posted. :blush:

Wait until we have our GFs (unless it for an occasion before that) and then you will be able to get one engraved, or scalloped, or…

Anyway, yes, I’ll remind everyone in September. They do make great gifts.

8 Likes

I’ll take a look at yours @markevans36301! But if I get another sharpener to add to my others, I may end up with no hair on my body testing them! It is getting pretty sparse now! :-)))

Although, I hear less hair is sexy these days!!! :-)))

I would be REALLY interested in what you think of the WorkSharp field sharpener, it is the best one I have encountered to get a neglected, dull knife sharp, or keep a sharp knife “shaving sharp”. I have let a couple friends use mine and they were able to get their neglected knives shaving sharp in just a couple minutes with no previous experience.

6 Likes

I just ordered one and after I’ve had a chance to do a fair eval I’ll post.

The struggle is real. I can’t keep scrap paper around either.

7 Likes

Thanks for posting this. As a full time knifemaker and teacher of knifemaking courses, its an exciting option for us. I had been wondering about engraving of scales, no more wondering.

Looking forward to trying it out soon.

7 Likes

Thanks a lot for showing this example. I will have a few uses for this as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is some amazing testing and a perfect example of how the grayscale 3d engrave process works.

Thank You

2 Likes

HOLY JESUS!! That is awesome!!

2 Likes

That is also what I am waiting for. I’m just hoping to get a Glowforged version of your sharpener.

4 Likes

WAOUHHH :heart_eyes:
The machine manages the depth very well! I’m a fan

2 Likes

This project idea is fantastic-thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Glow forge store needs to source some inexpensive (cheap) and some medium quality knife blanks to sell with customizable designs to make our own handles.

7 Likes

Wow! I just stumbled on this post and I’m glad I did. The engrave depth is really cool to see. Nice work!

2 Likes