So got my delivery update email, opened it excitedly. It’s October right when we were all going to get our Glowforge right? Wrong. Yet another delay of months. I am not angry, too disappointed and frustrated to be angry. So please bare with me while I vent a little.
A little background on why I purchased a Glowforge. I was made redundant in August 2015 after a prolonged serious illness. At time I was unsure if I would be fit enough to return to the workforce again. I saw the advert for Glowforge and thought great…I can use this to start my own bussiness and work from home. Fortunately for me my health has improved significantly, I still struggle some days but I have been able to return to the workforce. Would still like the Glowforge and start the business so if I am made redundant again I have something that I can work from home.
A few questions for @Dan, his team and forum users. I am aware if I don’t like anything I can request a full refund. I don’t want a refund though, I want a Glowforge.
- What is the cause of the latest disappointing delay. Are there problems with the manufacturing process? Or is it really just can’t make them quick enough? Are the manufacturer running the line 24/7 to meet demand and shipping deadlines?
- Shipping costs. Every time the huge shipping costs to Europe have been raised the answer was something along the lines of…we are concentrating on making the Glowforge better & getting it to you quicker, so we don’t have time to look into cheaper alternatives… 2 years seems and don’t have it any quicker but plenty of time to look into alteranatives. Please look at cheaper alternatives.
- Has any overseas customer recieved a Glowforge? Where are they based?
- All the additional items added as a thanks for not cancelling. Discount on prograde items until 2
End of 2018. This won’t really benefit me or others who don’t have a Glowforge yet. Please look into extending by 12/24 months from delivery date of the unit.
- Referal. I did have a referral, I have an email from yourselves informing me of that. I was delighted, a complete stranger saving me $100. Nice. Checking my referral status after the most recent email and it shows none? I looked into it a little myself and it says that referral is only for active orders, if the person cancelled your $100 disappears. That seems a bit unfair given the many delays on Glowforge part. I can’t really blame disappointed people for cancelling but to penalize others who have waited very patiently…