Really starting to lose interest in this machine

It doesnt recognize any file unless I turn off the machine, plug it back in, (x) out of the webpage and reload it, Then SOMETIMES it will recognize my PNG. I get “Unsupported image error” 90% of the time. I can put a sharpied napkin in and it works but I cant upload a F** Png? lol

AND We still cant save setups?

Wtf did I pay 4k for? I assumed I paid for something that was going to take that money and start releasing updates that make this better. Not worse. . .

Cmon GF. Lets move forward.

1 Like

I have never had a problem with any of my files, so I am guessing the file issue is related to how you make your files and less with the GF. If you post and ask for help with the images there are users here who can assist you. You will also want to let them know how you are making the file, what software and what steps you are taking, etc.

What do you mean you can’t save setups? Your projects are each saved individually so you can come back to them at any time. Is there something specific you are trying to do? If so, please provide details and maybe someone can answer the question.

12 Likes

Venting is ok, but if you are asking for assistance, more specific info is needed. You just opened a support ticket.

10 Likes

I certainly would be willing to troubleshoot files with you if you would like. I can’t recall the last time I made a file that wouldn’t upload. I really don’t spend any time fussing with the Glowforge. I get the files ready, upload, press print, and then relax.

What are the sources of your PNGs?

5 Likes

Uploading a file has nothing to do with the machine. All the machine does is cut. The machine doesn’t even have to be on to upload a file. So something else is going on. My guess is it’s something to do with your browser or the png itself. Feel free to upload it here and somebody will try it out.

1 Like

I have a degree in graphic design and have owned a decal business for 10 years. Not my first rodeo with designs or png file making. The issue has to lie in the browser (updated google chrome) or the software GF has itself. Its almost like my files half upload. If I upload, turn the machine itself off, (x) out of the browser after clearing history and cookies. Then turn the machine back on. It works fine. But I have to do that non stop. Every file, every time.

1 Like

Are you using the Upload button, or are you just dragging and dropping the PNG file onto the Dashboard or the open cutting file?

Did the problem just start? Plenty of us use Chrome and have no issue, but it is possible that the recent Chrome update triggered something. I haven’t had problems since updating, but I’ve not been using PNGs.

As for GF, they release “moving forward” updates all the time. Instead of attacking them, let’s try to figure out what’s going on with your problem.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry about the trouble uploading and printing your design. In order to investigate the issue, I’ll need a bit more information. May I please have the following?

• The approximate time and date of the print which didn’t turn out as expected
  • An example of one of the files you’ve experienced this issue with
  • Information on the web browser you’re using

To send your browser information, please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Click the link underneath “Share my system info with tech support”
  3. Copy the highlighted link
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

Once I have these details, I’ll extract the machine logs from one of the prints you’ve run into trouble with and review everything. This will help me understand the circumstances around your error so I can work on it for you.

If you’d prefer to send the information privately, please email it to support@glowforge.com. Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.