Reattaching Print Head

So per my last topic here ( Yellow Light Of Doom, Cold Or Something Else ) I was asked to remove my print head for some photos… since doing that I can’t past scanning/calibrating/centering. Before this, aside from the random stopping mid print 5% of the time I was still able to use my machine and planned to continue doing so until I could get a new print head… now I can’t do anything…?

I’ve checked all the other “still scanning/centering/etc” help things like the cables and whatnot but I’m pretty sure I’m maybe not reconnecting my head correctly. Can someone maybe break down how to reattach it and what to look for in it not being reattached correctly?

I have a lot of orders to zap before I can hand paint them and send them out… so like… I know it’s the holidays and it might take someone a bit to get back to me but I am freaking out just a pinch.

I’m suspecting I’m not getting the wheels to sit on the silver thingy right but I can’t seem to figure it out.

Have you followed the directions here:

This will explain how to get them back on the track.

1 Like

I’ll go through these steps right now. Thank you. I’m sure this is a case of me missing something in putting it back. Hopefully I’ll be able to come back soon and say this was the solution. :two_hearts:

Carefully inspect the white cable as well.

I seem to be having trouble getting the rear wheels of the cartridge plate to grasp on?

You do have to attach those first before pulling the unit forward to attach the front wheels right?

1 Like

OMG I GOT IT THANK YOU FOR PUTTING ME ON THE RIGHT TRACK

I had to stick a lamp and my cell phone on camera mode in there to see what I was doing with those rear wheels.

4 Likes

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble while trying to reconnect your print head. It’s great to see that @beerfaced provided advice which lead to a solution for you! I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have other questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’ll be happy to help!