Full time, Seattle-based, includes relocation. Learn more about this and other jobs at https://glowforge.com/jobs
Why we need you
Tens of millions of dollars in sales
Tens of thousands of eager customers
Tens of employees
Normally we include a small essay in our job descriptions about why the company truly needs a role to be successful, but this one’s pretty cut and dry. Without your help, we’ll be swamped!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
With all those customers waiting, we’ve got to scale this company like nobody’s business. That means building up our already-stellar engineering team, adding critical fulfillment-operations members, creating post-shipping teams from scratch, and more.
You’re the sort of person who networks intuitively. You can see gaps in our hiring and can suggest positions, skillsets, and people who might fill those gaps. You’ve recruited for a broad swath of positions, technical and otherwise, and you know how to excite the right people about a great company.
- Ferret out amazing, brilliant, and diverse people who would make our company better in every way.
- Entice people of all backgrounds who are excited about creating things to come talk to us.
- Talk with candidates to understand their strengths and see if they’d be wonderful here.
- Work with hiring managers to create interviews that lead us and our potential new teammates to a better understanding of each other.
- Handle the logistics of travel, interviews, offer letters, and all the way through making sure they have a great first day.
- Craft memorable job descriptions that are more thoughtful, funny, and compelling than this one.
- You’ve spent four or more years recruiting for people in technical roles somewhere that has really, really selective hiring managers.
- You are unimaginably persistent, patient, and persuasive.
- You like the people you recruit and love the people you hire, staying close to them throughout their career.
- You’re eager to build an extraordinary company with us!
It would be nice if…
- You’re experienced with recruiting for a broad variety of roles, including operations, administrative, and even executive recruiting.
- You’ve successfully recruited diverse technical teams.
- You have a technical background yourself.
- You love making things with your hands – 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, furniture building; it doesn’t matter what.
Please send us your resume, and – more importantly – a cover letter that tells us about your interest here. We’re excited to meet you!
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.