Refined settings for 1/16" 2-color acrylic (like from Inventables)

Thank you for sharing your settings!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing! Worked like a charm.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing !!

1 Like

Used this for .017" gold/black acrylic from Inventables. Your settings worked perfectly out of the gate.

I do need to factor in an anti-flashback layer of material. You can see the honeycomb graduations reflected back into the edges. I want to do some more testing with the cut settings and scores.

Engraving is perfect.

12 Likes

This was SO timely! I have one piece of Inventables black & gold and not one clue about what settings to use. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Some cheap paper masking on the back would probably help. I noticed the same issue.

4 Likes

These settings are perfect!

5 Likes

Did you use masking tape on yours before engraving?

Welcome to the forum.
Please read the original post from GrooveStranger regarding maskings, settings, etc. It is all there.

I tried one with tape (using settings I’d previously used for single-color acrylic) and one without tape, using the settings in the first post in this topic. The one without masking worked much, much better!

On such a low power engrave the masking is entirely unnecessary and just makes it harder to get the settings exactly right. Tape is too variable in thickness, adhesive, etc. and you end up with an inconsistent result. You end up with much sharper lettering if you put the acrylic in with no masking at all.

The Speed 1000/Power 15/675LPI settings just work like magic on this stuff.

5 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

Thank you so ,much I was just working on one of these.

Would this work on their 1/8 sheet as well?

You could start your tests with these settings, but it is possible that the top layer of 1/8" material may be thicker than 1/16" material. Perhaps use the search tool to see if anyone has shared settings for two color 1/8" acrylic.

Here is one thread to consider: Innovative Plastics Two Color Laserable Acrylics Settings

1 Like

I looked at my samples and I don’t have any 1/8" product to compare… but I would be really surprised if it required different settings if the thickness was the only indicated difference.

Thank you so much-- I’d been struggling for a month to get something that looked good through the masking on rowmark marble/brass-- i’ve got some truly impressively terrible-looking tests-- and as soon as I took the mask off and used your settings (dropped slightly to 1000/10 instead of 1000/15) it worked like a charm even though I’m working with .02 in (<1/32) plastic. You’ve saved me so much sanity.

4 Likes

Can someone please help me? :weary: I need to cut and engrave 0.080 clear acrylic.
Thanks so much!

Engraving power and speed won’t be significantly different from 1/16" acrylic, but you are going to have to test to find the right settings for your needs. The right settings will land somewhere between the medium proofggrade acrylic and 1/16" acrylic.

Have you tried a test with 1/16" settings?

1 Like

This is Speed 1000, Power 15, LPI 675. Wow, thanks.

Inventables 1/16" Brushed Copper on Black with the plastic wrap removed prior to engraving.

9 Likes

You have been missed. This is a great result and use for this material.

1 Like