Refurbished Glowforges

Yep. Even knowing what I’m doing, I have lasered a hole into my thumb before :slight_smile: Fortunately it didn’t go much more than a 1/4" deep before I did the “Oh :poop:” holler and pulled my hand back.

It’s not like a really sharp knife where you can cut your fingertip clean off before you realize it’s gonna hurt :smile:

1 Like

:rofl: and it takes a few seconds (forever) for that heat to dissipate. Similar to molten plastic. :crazy_face:

1 Like

All returns combined are fewer than two days’ worth of production, so it’s not particularly urgent to deal with them right now.

6 Likes

A sharp pair of rose shears…what’s that red stuff dripping…ah crud…:persevere:

1 Like

It’s pretty amazing how much damage you can do to yourself before you realize you’ve done something bad. And then it’s like you hurt only because you know you should but you wonder if you had never noticed if it would have hurt after all. I expect it would but it doesn’t stop me from wishing I hadn’t looked :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m afraid I never had a PRU so I really couldn’t say. Perhaps someone who’s gone from PRU to prod unit can tell you though. I know there’re a couple of those out there.

Well keep those units in mind for Founder discount second unit purchases. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that was only a couple of the very earliest units, and they sent those to folks technically savvy enough to deal with them. The PRU they sent me to test was right on the money, and kept up with the changes in software. I imagine that everyone after me got the final models as well, or maybe better ones with a few more improvements.

Although I only noticed some slight cosmetic improvements between the PRU and the production unit… I think the final PRUs were pretty tight. You could definitely resell them if anyone wanted to buy it.

And assuming it survived a second trip through UPS. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(And you could never pass off a previously owned Glowforge as new, unless the person never used it. They get filthy. Fast.)

3 Likes