Rehash Folders for projects

I know I discussed this before and the topic was closed but now that I’ve had my unit for 2 months, my project list is becoming very cumbersome. I know I could delete stuff and re-upload it but this has significant disadvantages:

1. Time it takes to upload and re-image the item
  2. Retaining settings that work on the material you want to build it out of

Just to name two significant ones.

I understand that this has been on the wish list forever but I think it needs to take some priority. Not just for me, but for everyone. The project list should work precisely as any file system does. Folders and files. If you upload a file of the same name, it overwrites the file that is already there. There’s no reason to keep multiple files with names like “Oak Star”. If you want multiple files, then upload with multiple names. I believe this is to be expected since it emulates any file storage system.

GF Support, can you please put this on the very near future list? If I’ve only been here for 2 months and am having problems, I cannot imagine what others are experiencing.

Forum members, please show your support for this so they understand the importance.

Thanks!

10 Likes

2nd the motion.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this. I’ve let the team know about the request for folders in the design area.

Regarding the settings for non-Proofgrade materials, take a look at this article on how to make the most of Manual Mode and control things like speed and power for custom results.

I’m going to close this thread. Thank you for the suggestions! If you have any other ideas of features to add or work on, go ahead and let us know here or by emailing support@glowforge.com