Remembering material thickness

I think it is funny that my bank can remember my username for years yet the glowforge app needs me to type in the material thickness time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again. I have never used “proofgrade” cuz it is too expensive so I don’t have the bar code, but come on, remember from item to item at least.

You are an experienced user, and you know the limitations of the interface, so I’m guessing you just felt like venting a tiny bit. Using the set focus tool or the auto focus eliminates this issue entirely.

6 Likes

There is never a need to have to enter thickness. Use the set focus function and you are good to go. Just make sure the red dot hits on the material and not beside it or in a cut out area.

3 Likes

I’ve never once entered the thickness manually and I use mostly non-PG - are you doing a lot of defocused work?

2 Likes

AutoFocus is your Friend, Pal, Buddy, Bestie, what have you.

2 Likes

I always use auto focus!

2 Likes

Everything they all said - or save that thickness into a personal setting if you really want to enter it manually rather than use set focus.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.