Remote starting

Why do I need to physically go and press the start button all the time? I would rather go when the print is done, not both to start it and then to return to retrieve it. It would dramatically speed up my prototyping if I could just start it remotely.

It’s a safety factor. The GF shouldn’t be left unattended while printing. There’s a fire risk, for one thing. HTH

3 Likes

Pretty simple reason…

12 Likes

OMG! I use always acrylic. I have few pcs of acrylic that I use to cut paper on top of it so the back of it keeps with no burning marks! (at least reduces it).WORKS GREAT!

Sorry for your loss there! :confused:

1 Like

Luckily, that was not @rpegg’s machine. The man has been around a while and is plenty smart enough to keep his machine from catching up in flames. The post he mentioned was someone else, but that also isn’t the only case of someone’s machine catching on fire.

To answer the original question, it’s as everyone else has said - it’s for safety. You could argue that if you’re only using proofgrade materials the likelihood of a fire is much smaller, but that doesn’t mean it’s non-existent. As they say, better safe than sorry.

1 Like

One bad design is enough to do it on any flammable material.

3 Likes

Could not agree more on that… It’a all about what you put, how you put, and the “main point” is the speed vs power to that specific material… I ALWAYS if it’s first time I will cut specific material, stand by the machine waiting to see how it will go…

:slight_smile:

Happy forging everyone! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer @marthajackson1970, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

2 Likes