Renaming a Printer

Just Bought another $5,000 boat anchor… after this one will be switching to Omtech lasers!!!
How do I change my laser name… Did it on set up, but guess what… Didn’t save!!!
Lately Customer Service has been lacking!!!

Only support can rename a machine.

3 Likes

Surprise Surprise!!!
About done with Support/customer Service!!!
I’m tech is looking SO MUCH BETTER!!!
Open Architect!!!

Never heard of that brand. I just looked at the
AF2028-80 - 80W CO2 LASER ENGRAVER CUTTING MACHINE WITH 20” X 28” WORKING AREA (WITH AUTO FOCUS)

I will be researching this one for sure. I won’t be going with Glowforge when mine tanks.
(unless something changes DRASTICALLY with their support and quality control, which doesn’t seem likely. Sad, really, because I really like my machine. But I just passed the 1 year mark, so no warranty now.)

3 Likes

You don’t need to know or change the name of your Glowforge to use it, so I suggest you just carry on. In the interface, click the name of the first Glowforge, then choose the other name from the drop down menu.

3 Likes

On tech has a much larger foot print engraving and cutting, comes standard with a 60watt laser versus a 35 watt on the pro and for $230.00 more you can get the “z” axis which allows you the turn table to rotate items!!!
SO DONE WITH THE GLOWFORGE SUPPORT!!!

1 Like

Why is it so important to change the name of the printer?

5 Likes

I think they want to rename it “Omtech”. :wink: :grin:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.