Repeat last job?

Hi! I’m a newbie but trying to learn fast. I’ve searched the forum and am wondering if there is a way to repeat the last job without having to go through the wait between cuts. I’m doing the exact same cut over 100 times.

Thank you for any help out there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nothing yet, but it’s been requested before, so hopefully it’s “in the hopper.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok thank you!

1 Like

Is it a small cut job? Something like where you could potentially increase output by have multiple copies of the cut on the Glowforge workspace?

1 Like

If you are doing a small job on a big sheet, and have the settings down so they are working well, you can use CTL+C and CTL_V to copy multiples on to the sheet and cut them all as one job, and all the same settings (keeping in mind that errors will copy also). Considering the data needed by the time you were ready to “run last job” the situation could be different. If you open and close the lid a tiny fraction of a difference in where the fisheye was pointing could make a big difference in the cut. I think they have been working more on the speed of the calculation (and there is a big improvement there over a year or more ago) than the relatively rare case that a series of pieces would save less time than just making all that calculations shorter.

1 Like

I’m cutting PETG for a face shield, 10.5 x 18.5 sheet. I have @ 90 more to go…

3 Likes

Ok - so it needs to take a look at where the material is on the bed each time. Makes sense! Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks community – I have nothing to add, except to confirm that I will pass your request to the team, and to extend my thanks for taking care of your community!

1 Like