Repeat of question

Wrote in a while ago about Glowforge not reading Proofgrade materials. Tried lens cleaning per suggestion; no change. I don’t mind just telling it what I’m using, and except for the same variance in cut placement as others, have no problems. Just asking to see if there are new suggestions to try.

Have you tried rotating the boards 180 so the qr code is in the other corner? If cleaning the lens did not work im not sure what else will. I doubt it would make much difference but you could try running the camera calibration tool as well.
https://app.glowforge.com/maintenance/camera-recalibrator

4 Likes

Thanks. I will try both.

I’m sorry that you’re running into trouble and your unit isn’t automatically recognizing Proofgrade materials.

Running the Camera Recalibrator is a great step to take if you’re experiencing any alignment issues, but it won’t impact or change the focus of the lid camera.

Please let us know how @primal_healer’s suggestion regarding rotating the boards goes!

1 Like

I have taken the QR code and placed it on a piece of scrap, or where convenient, cut so the QR Code is left on the scrap. then the code can be tossed in the empty space of a partial board.

I do this not so much for the cut settings, but it sets the starting thickness near correct immediately, making it much easier to arrange the design before using the set focus.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.