Repeated Clicking and Stuck on Focusing

I’ve searched this forum and tried all the troubleshooting steps I’ve found regarding this topic, but thought I would check to see if there might be any updated solutions or tips given that the most recent post I found was from last year.

The laser tube went out on my Glowforge, and the only solution was to pay for a refurbished unit to be sent. It took 3 machines to get a functional one when I first purchased my machine 2 years ago, so I was wary of having to go through the issues of troubleshooting another machine with possible damage from shipping. The refurbished unit arrived a few days ago and cut the “Gift of Good Measure” test just fine. The next time I used the machine was yesterday. It engraved one job fine, the next had a distorted picture and then shortly after, the machine became stuck on “focusing.” It repeatedly makes a series of 5 clicks. I unplugged the Glowforge, the modem and the DSL cable, as well as rebooted my computer. I did this several times with no result. The GF has a dedicated network and there is nothing else running on it except for the computer. I never had this issue with any previous GF, and after a few hours gave up trying to remedy it.

This morning, I tried again, and it started up normally, but had a series of wildly fast movements of the gantry that repeatedly pulled it out of alignment. I got that issue resolved and it cut three projects correctly, and then went right back to the “5 clicks and stuck on focusing” bit. I’ve once again failed to get a response from unplugging/recycling/rebooting all involved electronics.

I’ve been without a machine for a few weeks now and am so hoping someone has a new and improved remedy? Thanks in advance for your help…

1 Like

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.