Got a replacement unit for my basic. It take twice as long to cut my product as I now have to use 2 passes instead of one. Done the calibration and focus but does not help. I would rather keep the one they were replacing and send this one back. Any thoughts?
Hopefully they will just send you another without having to go through 3 weeks of “diagnosis and troubleshooting”.
Post photos (front and back) of the Gift of Good Measure cut with the built-in settings (only one pass) so they can take a look – that will save you one back-and-forth communication.
I just put my old one back. If you knew my history they put me through weeks of trouble shooting my old one. Not going to do it with this new one that should work out of the box. Just going to send it back.
I think if you can stick to ONE support ticket this time, and respond to the questions they ask you, it probably won’t take nearly as long as it did previously.
As frustrating as it is, you are going to need to at least print the GoGM again using PG draftboard and default settings, then post pics of the front and back. They won’t authorize a return until you’ve done at least that and shared the results.
Would you please run a test print using default settings so that we can check to see if your machine is performing as expected? Here are the steps for the test:
- Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
- We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.
- Set the score and engrave steps to ‘ignore.’ Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.
- When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.
- Check the completed print:
- If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut, please let us know the date and time of the print
- If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you saw the issue with, and let us know the results.
- If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print.
In addition to the time and date, if the Gift of Good Measure doesn’t cut through, please send us photos of the front and back of the finished print. Thank you!
Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.
Hi Pip, I am just going to send back the new one instead of sending back my old one. I do not have the energy to go through the trouble shooting process.
I’ve sent you an email to sort out some details, so I’m going to close this thread.