Replacement Pro does not work

HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLP!

On Friday, September 11th, both my husband and I sent emails to Glowforge support requesting help with the replacement Pro we received that day. We sent our emails to the email address we had been using for our original support request regarding our Pro that had suddenly stopped working over 2 weeks ago.

Since we have not received a response, we are wondering if the original email “thread” has been closed and you have not received those emails. So we are writing you here to open a new support ticket regarding the non-working replacement machine that arrived on Friday.

The replacement Pro machine arrived, I was so excited that I would be up and printing again that day.

BUT THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.

We followed the set up instructions, carefully unboxing the new machine together and beginning the set up process. My husband turned the machine on…the lights and fans came on.

But the head did not move as the Glowforge setup instructions state we should see before even attempting to connect the machine to the internet. Nothing happens.

It’s as if “the lights are on and nobody is home.” We attempted to restart the machine over and over…the result is the same. Although the head was not moving, we attempted to set up the WiFi in hopes that somehow, some way, the machine would come alive and work. But nothing happened with the machine and we could not complete the WiFi connection process either.

(Note: The original Pro connected to our WiFi without any issues whatsoever and we had no connection issues for approximately 5 months. It only became an issue after the laser head suddenly stopped moving.)

We are incredibly frustrated to say the very least. It has now been over 2 weeks since our original Pro suddenly stopped working and we began the original support process.

We loved what we could create with our Pro and had built a business around this machine. Now we have been dead in the water for over 2 weeks.

Please contact us immediately so that we can find a solution to this as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Laura and Joe

The Glowforge is notoriously sensitive to wifi issues. A number of folk have suggested a “Guest” network be created with only the Glowforge on it. I have been fortunate to not have those issues, so have not had to go there but many have had success in doing that. here’s hoping you do as well :smile:

Thank you for sharing this with us. I don’t believe the WiFi issues are with us. The first machine connected to our WiFi without any issues and worked for 5 months. But if we can solve the laser head issues, it is good to know this when we can move to the next step in set up. Thanks again!

Check the connections on the white cable that goes to the head…sorry for the frustration, it’s rough having stuff like this happen on a weekend. :frowning:

Thank you.

That has been done several times :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @obinan it looks like we were able to pick up your email ticket and my colleague Marc has sent along some next steps. To keep all our troubleshooting communication in the same area I’m going to go ahead and close this topic, and we’ll make sure you’re taken care of via that email chain. Thanks!