Reposting my issue: Hoping the forum can help me

Hi, I did contact support yesterday and I did receive an email. However, the email told me to do things I have already done, and which I had explained have already been done. I have responded with more videos and photos. I hope they will be able to get back to me soon.

In the meantime, I took another video which I would like to share with the community. I don’t think the laser is firing. It does not glow at all. The tube looks the same when the machine is off, as it does when it is on and is supposed to be cutting.

I don’t know how old this machine is. It was sent to me after Christmas. I waited over 3 weeks for GF support to send me a refurb after my brand new GF Pro stopped working. This machine is clean, but I can definitely see that it was well used, and it does not look like many of the parts were changed out.

That said, it worked nicely when I set it up and it has done so for a few days. I have been checking wood and acrylic, using GF proof grade materials. It cut one job, and then it didn’t cut again. I didn’t put the machine off. It just stopped by itself (thinking it is still cutting).

I have done everything I have been asked to do. I have spent hours reading up on the forum and asking for support on Facebook community forms/groups. Everything is clean. I cleaned a machine that didn’t even have the chance to get dirty.

Unless, there is something I am missing, I am convinced my laser has stopped working.

Please take a look at the video and let me know what you think.

I appreciate your help.

I’m afraid I can’t see the video - you’d do better to upload it to youtube and then post the link here.

Also I moved your post to Everything Else because if you post in P&S and also email them they will always close the post and respond via email. So to avoid that and get you some forum help I’ve moved it.

That is odd. I can see it clearly, when I open the forum page. I used Dropbox.
Let me try YouTube. Thank you for letting me know.

1 Like

Nah, I can’t see it either. Just a white screen showing.

I don’t have a YouTube channel. Trying to find another way to post the video. I would really like you to see it.

save the “audio file” and run it in VLC
Don’t look to me your laser fires up!

Let us see if this works.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that the GF support team has contacted me and they are shipping me a brand new unit. To replace the new one I purchased and received in November. The replacement wasn’t working.

I am so happy. 3rd time lucky!

I do want to give a shout out to the GF support team. I know people don’t often give positive feedback so I want to make sure I do. They did respond to my emails from yesterday, and they have followed through today. In addition to this, they also gave me some great advice relating to questions I asked. Everything I expected and more from GF. :-). Thank you GF support.

9 Likes

Yay! Sad that it’s dead, but great that you’ve already been taken care of.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.