Request #425681

Wow! I have a window unit since the master gets direct evening sun on two walls so I don’t have to cool the rest of the house like crazy… I like it cold to sleep, but can’t go below 72 in that room! Rest the house is 74~76. Have a tree coming tomorrow night actually to help with the sun problem but it’ll be a few years more.

4 Likes

Actually it runs very little. When we built the house we used 2x6’s instead of 2x4’s plus we insulated between each room and all 3 floors. The house is just shy of 7500 sqft and we have another 2500 sqft in shop and kennel. With all of that our highest electric bill ever was under $400. We do however live deep in the woods and our coop has the cheapest electric rates in Missouri. We keep the thermostat at the same temp year round, so winter utilities are really cheap.

3 Likes

I’m doing that with the new house. I needed 2x6 walls for the pocket doors anyway. I decided on rockwool insulation between rooms for the soundproofing. Working from home or working in the shop, it’s good not to have noise traveling all over. The heating/cooling advantages were an extra benefit for me.

4 Likes

Their reply… $2,000 later, If I pay to have mine shipped back to then (at a cost of COURSE) they will send me a refurbished unit with a 90-day warranty!!!
NOPE, NOT GOING to happen, Amazon sells new units for same price with a 4-year Bumper to Bumper Warranty which covers shipping both ways!!! Why doesn’t Glowforge offer the same???
After this one, I will be switching to Omtech!!! Larger footprint for engraving/cutting and the capability to add the Z axis for rotating Glasses!!! and a 1/3 of the price!!!

There are many machines out there both for a lot more and a lot less. The one I really like is only $30k and it will do a lot more than a Glowforge. Each has pluses and minuses. I paid much less than a new machine for a referb after my warranty ran out and sent my old one out to be referbed. The price was much less than a new or equivalent machine because that was the only way to monetize the old machine, and I have been quite happy with the new machine and no problems for the almost year I have had it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.