Resizing Handles Moving Rather Than Resizing Object

I had this issue happen a couple weeks ago and then it seemed to fix itself after a few days, but it is happening again and really killing my workflow. Is this a know issue?

Also, this only seems to impact an SVG. I’m just using a jpg as a workaround, but it is annoying.

Huh. I just did a resize and didn’t have that issue. Try clearing your browser cache – that frequently fixes GFUI glitches for me.

No change here, works as it should.

Just watch where your mouse goes. If it is nowhere near the resize buttons it will usually not resize. If it seems stuck on resize (or rotate) you can still use the arrow keys or Shift+arrow to move stuff without changing the size or rotation. (After doing so the stuck behavior often stops.)

1 Like

I’m so sorry you are having issues with the App. We have not been able to reproduce the behavior you reported on our side. However, we want to ensure everything is working as expected for you. In order to investigate this further could you please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Click the link underneath “Share my system info with tech support”
  3. Copy the highlighted link
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

Could you please also let us know the exact date and time this issue occurred? This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

Thank you in advance.

It was happening on 2/8 at 1:30 PM EST and is still currently happening now 2/10 6:53 PM EST

Not sure if it was the cause or not, but I just updated Chrome to version 80 which just came out on 2/4 and the problem seems fixed.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to us! It sounds like your browser just needed updating, and I’m glad it worked. Since the problem is resolved, I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble feel free to start a new thread or contact us at support@glowforge.com.