RESOLVED: Wifi Connection Issue: Why do these things happen when you're on a deadline?

So i started up my GF and brought up app on my computer. My GF was showing offline. I turned it off then waited and turned back on again, but still offline. So i went through the wifi connection setup 6 times and still nothing. I get connected to the GF but when I select a network for it it doesn’t connect and I get Device error message. I am on a deadline for a client and now it is stuck in non connectivity hell. PLEASE HELP! FYI I reset my router and modem and used two different browsers and still nothing.

I’ve noticed mines been doing that if I leave a browser window open and shut the Glowforge down (for the night or whatever). A log out of the app and back fixes it just fine.

1 Like

:+1: Agreed. Good first step is to make sure you’ve logged out of all browsers / devices, then restart the GF.

Just tried that and still showing OFFLINE

Nope not working

OK I’m a moron. I saw an unexpected guest on my wifi network like 3 days ago so I blocked them. Hahahaha well that “guest” was my Glowforge. HAHAHA! All set…

15 Likes

Lol that’ll be one to remember for troubleshooting :wink:

4 Likes

The first time was at a makerfaire.

2 Likes

LOL!

4 Likes

I am definitely going to show that IP as my GF now. Oh Man!:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::laughing:

4 Likes

Glad it was easy.

You’ll make friends in the Support crew if you set your post to ‘resolved’ (or edit the title).

2 Likes

Yeah. I make sure all of my connected devices have friendly names in my router. Tom’s Phone, Glowforge, Xbox… Makes life a lot easier taking the guesswork out when troubleshooting! :slight_smile:

In all seriousness, I’m glad you had the ability to identify and resolve the issue on your own. Now get cutting!

1 Like

:rofl:

I’m glad to hear you’re back online!

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.

1 Like